ASSOCIATION
A la Découverte du FORT DE SUCY
(ALDFS)

Welcome on the website of the association
A la Découverte du FORT DE SUCY


A component of the defence of Paris of the 19th Century

Erected between 1879 and 1881, the Fort of Sucy was a component of the 2nd Fortified Belt of Paris, a system put in place by General Séré de Rivières after the siege of the capital in 1870.
The fortification went through two world wars without finding itself in a combat zone.

The Fort is one of the last examples in freestone of military architecture from the end of the 19th Century.

Cleared of the vegetation which covered it and in course of restoration, the Fort is today accessible to visitors thanks to an association of volunteers: A La Découverte du FORT DE SUCY (A.L.D.F.S.)

copyright A La Découverte du FORT DE SUCY ALDFS 2011, Conception Spacemaker, Tous droits Révervés.